J.A.S. Motorsport was founded in 1995 to compete in professional racing categories (ITC/DTM, Super Touring, GT) on behalf of car manufacturers. Since 1998 it has been nominated Honda’s official partner in racing, building and developing winning cars for various categories as WTCC, TCR, ERC, CTCC, etc.
J.A.S Motorsport premises are located in modern buildings in the first outskirt of Milan, Italy, covering a total surface of 3,500 square meters and including the the following areas:
- Chassis construction
- Fabricated parts
- Car assembly area
- Data acquisition and electronics
- Tool machine shop
- Shock absorber assembly and testing
- Measuring, laser marking, quick prototyping
Driven by the great demand for racing cars and our belief in customer support, J.A.S. Motorsport decided to go international. Branches are now operational in Sepang to serve the Asian market.
JAS Motorsport is committed to serving the motorsport community in Asia and, since 2014, has run a bespoke facility in Malaysia to do just this.
Based in the high-tech setting of the Commercial Park at Sepang International Circuit, just 8km from Kuala Lumpur International Airport, JAS Motorsport Asia operates from a 250m² base with offices, a meeting room and a fully-equipped spares store.
Created due to high demand for JAS racing cars and effective customer in the region, JAS Motorsport Asia has effectively supported championship-challenging campaigns with a variety of independent and manufacturer-supported Honda Civic touring cars and is set to continue doing so for many years to come.
Beyond its engineering and manufacturing activities, J.A.S. Motorsport has also built its reputation on racing circuits and rally stages, recording dozens of victories in professional touring car championships throughout Europe (ITC, BTCC, STC, ETCC, STW, WTCC, CTCC, TCR). Several famous racing and rally drivers have contributed to the success of the Team and the technical growth of the Company.
Notable drivers incluse Christian Danner, Anthony Davidson, Peter Kox, Tom Kristensen, Tiago Monteiro, Stefano Modena, Gabriele Tarquini, James Thompson, Fabrizio Giovanardi, Dani Solà, and Guy Wilks, Rob Huff, Norbert Michelisz, Esteban Guerrieri, Renger van der Zande, Riccardo Patrese, Bertrand Baguette, Mario Farnbacher and Dane Cameron!
From late 2012 season to the end of 2017, J.A.S. Motorsport built and developed the Honda Civic WTCC and ran the official Castrol Honda WTCC team in the World Touring Car Championship, winning the Manufacturers' World title in 2013. From 2019 J.A.S. has been Team Honda Racing's official representative in the Intercontinental GT Challenge using the NSX GT3 Evo.
CEO & SHAREHOLDER
PRESIDENT & SHAREHOLDER
WORLD CLASS EXPERTISE
Since its inception in 1995 J.A.S. Motorsport has gone from strength to strength. The team is now 60 strong and includes 20 engineers and 30 mechanics, all with vast car manufacturing skills and racing and rally experience, including F1. Our mission is simple: to put these high level skills at your service.
Discover more about our key people by clicking on the names.
CEO & TEAM PRINCIPAL
DIRECTOR AND GT3 PROJECT LEADER
Work with us
We are always looking for experienced people who want to join us in our pursuit and be part of a team that creates winning cars.
Qualities that we are looking are:
- Positive approach and flexibility in hours
- Ready to travel
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Team player attitude
- Ready to explore new working areas
To apply please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Our Racing History
JAS Motorsport has been active in racing since 1996 and was soon chosen by Honda as a partner to support their customers with their motorsport activities. From 2012-2017, J.A.S developed – in partnership with Honda R&D – the Civic 5-door for its FIA World Touring Car Championship programme.
The company activities continued to grow within the China Touring Car Championship and the global TCR formula; JAS-built Civics winning 17 major titles since 2015, and in GT racing with the NSX GT3 Evo – which J.A.S are responsible for assembling and providing sales and customer support in most territories globally – having claimed eight crowns.
Founded in 1995
- 1996: Works Team Alfa Romeo- ITC
- 1997: German Touring Championship (STW) - Alfa Romeo
- 1998: Works Team Honda in STW
- 1999: Works Team Honda in STW, Official Development Team
- 2000: Works Team Honda in BTCC and Euro STC
- 2001: Works Team Honda in FIA ETCC
- 2002: Official Honda Partner, Alfa Romeo Team ETCC, Ferrari 550 Team FIA GT
- 2003: Official Honda Partner, Technical support to Promotorsport in ETCC
- 2004: Official Honda Partner, WTCC Team
- 2005: Official Honda Partner, WTCC Team
- 2006: Official Honda Partner, WTCC Team
- 2007: Official Honda Partner, Rally season debut, Honda IRC Team
- 2008: Official Honda Partner - IRC, WRC, APRC, ARC
- 2009: Official Honda Partner - IRC
- 2010: Official Honda Partner - IRC, ARC, GRC , HKTCC
- 2011: Official Honda Partner - IRC, ARC, HKTCC
- 2012: Official Honda Partner - Honda Racing Team JAS WTCC, IRC, CTCC
- 2013: Official Honda Partner - Castrol Honda World Touring Car Team, ERC, ARC, CTCC
- 2014: Official Honda Partner - Castrol Honda World Touring Car Team, ERC, CTCC
- 2015: Official Honda Partner - Castrol Honda World Touring Car Team, ERC, CTCC, TCR
- 2016: Official Honda Partner - Castrol Honda World Touring Car Team, ERC, CTCC, TCR
- 2017: Official Honda Partner - Castrol Honda World Touring Car Team, TCR, FIA GT3 Cup
- 2018: Official Honda Partner - TCR, GT3, Spa 24 Hours
- 2019: Official Honda Partner - WTCR, TCR, GT3, Intercontinental Challenge
- 2020: Official Honda Partner - WTCR, TCR, GT3, Intercontinental Challenge
The most celebrated racing and rally drivers, all of them with premium talent have contributed to the success of the Team and the technical growth of the Company. The following race aces have been under professional contract with J.A.S. Motorsport.
- Baguette Bertrand
- Balzan Alessandro
- Bartels Michael
- Betti Luca
- Bonanomi Marco
- Cameron Dane
- Colciago Roberto
- Corthals Pierre-Yves
- Danner Christian
- Davidson Anthony
- De Micheli Ado
- Depailler Loïc
- Giovanardi Fabrizio
- Guerrieri Esteban
- Harrison Simon
- Hattori Naoki
- Huff Rob
- Izawa Takuya
- Kangur Martin
- Kox Peter
- Kristensen Tom
- Leslie David
- Michelisz Norbert
- Michigami Ryo
- Modena Stefano
- Monteiro Tiago
- Patrese Riccardo
- Sharp Ryan
- Solà Dani
- Tarquini Gabriele
- Thompson James
- van der Zande Renger
- Walfish Fabrice
- Watt Jason
- Wilks Guy
- Wilson Max