J.A.S. Motorsport was founded in 1995 to compete in professional racing categories (ITC/DTM, Super Touring, GT) on behalf of car manufacturers. Since 1998 it has been nominated Honda’s official partner in racing, building and developing winning cars for various categories as WTCC, TCR, ERC, CTCC, etc.
J.A.S Motorsport premises are located in modern buildings in the first outskirt of Milan, Italy, covering a total surface of 3,500 square meters and including the the following areas:
- Chassis construction
- Fabricated parts
- Car assembly area
- Data acquisition and electronics
- Tool machine shop
- Shock absorber assembly and testing
- Measuring, laser marking, quick prototyping
Driven by the great demand for racing cars and our belief in customer support, J.A.S. Motorsport decided to go international. Branches are now operational in Sepang to serve the Asian market.
JAS Motorsport is committed to serving the motorsport community in Asia and, since 2014, has run a bespoke facility in Malaysia to do just this.
Based in the high-tech setting of the Commercial Park at Sepang International Circuit, just 8km from Kuala Lumpur International Airport, JAS Motorsport Asia operates from a 250m² base with offices, a meeting room and a fully-equipped spares store.
Created due to high demand for JAS racing cars and effective customer in the region, JAS Motorsport Asia has effectively supported championship-challenging campaigns with a variety of independent and manufacturer-supported Honda Civic touring cars and is set to continue doing so for many years to come.
Beyond its engineering and manufacturing activities, J.A.S. Motorsport has also built its reputation on racing circuits and rally stages, recording dozens of victories in professional touring car championships throughout Europe (ITC, BTCC, STC, ETCC, STW, WTCC, CTCC, TCR). Several famous racing and rally drivers have contributed to the success of the Team and the technical growth of the Company.
A non-exhaustive list of them includes Christian Danner, Anthony Davidson, Peter Kox, Tom Kristensen, Tiago Monteiro, Stefano Modena, Gabriele Tarquini, James Thompson, Fabrizio Giovanardi, Dani Solà , and Guy Wilks , Rob Huff and Norbert Michelisz ! Since the end of the 2012 season, J.A.S. Motorsport is involved in the World Touring Car Championship as the official Castrol Honda works team. It has the responsibility to build and develop the WTCC Civic 5-door and in addition managing and running the team in the Championship.
WORLD CLASS EXPERTISE
Since its inception in 1995 J.A.S. Motorsport has gone from strength to strength. The team is now 60 strong and includes 20 engineers and 30 mechanics, all with vast car manufacturing skills and racing and rally experience, including F1. Our mission is simple: to put these high level skills at your service.
Discover more about our key people by clicking on the names.
CEO & TEAM PRINCIPAL
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
Work with us
We are always looking for experienced people who want to join us in our pursuit and be part of a team that creates winning cars. We are continuously developing our activities which means.
Qualities that we are looking are:
- Positive approach and flexibility in hours
- Ready to travel
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Team player attitude
- Ready to explore new working areas
To apply please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Our Racing History
J.A.S. Motorsport has been active in racing since 1996 and was soon chosen by Honda as its strong arm to support customers in their racing activities. Since 2012, J.A.S. has been selected for developing, in partnership with Honda R&D, the Civic 5-door for its World Touring Car Championship works programme.
The company activities continued to grow within the China Touring Car Championship and more recently with the new TCR Series in which several Civics built by J.A.S. are battling for victories.
Founded in 1995
- 1996: Works Team Alfa Romeo- ITC
- 1997: German Touring Championship (STW) - Alfa Romeo
- 1998: Works Team Honda in STW
- 1999: Works Team Honda in STW, Official Development Team
- 2000: Works Team Honda in BTCC and Euro STC
- 2001: Works Team Honda in FIA ETCC
- 2002: Official Honda Partner, Alfa Romeo Team ETCC, Ferrari 550 Team FIA GT
- 2003: Official Honda Partner, Technical support to Promotorsport in ETCC
- 2004: Official Honda Partner, WTCC Team
- 2005: Official Honda Partner, WTCC Team
- 2006: Official Honda Partner, WTCC Team
- 2007: Official Honda Partner, Rally season debut, Honda IRC Team
- 2008: Official Honda Partner - IRC, WRC, APRC, ARC
- 2009: Official Honda Partner - IRC
- 2010: Official Honda Partner - IRC, ARC, GRC , HKTCC
- 2011: Official Honda Partner - IRC, ARC, HKTCC
- 2012: Official Honda Partner - Honda Racing Team JAS WTCC, IRC, CTCC
- 2013: Official Honda Partner - Castrol Honda World Touring Car Team, ERC, ARC, CTCC
- 2014: Official Honda Partner - Castrol Honda World Touring Car Team, ERC, CTCC
- 2015: Official Honda Partner - Castrol Honda World Touring Car Team, ERC, CTCC, TCR
- 2016: Official Honda Partner - Castrol Honda World Touring Car Team, ERC, CTCC, TCR
- 2017: Official Honda Partner - Castrol Honda World Touring Car Team, TCR , FIA GT3 Cup
The most celebrated racing and rally drivers, all of them with premium talent have contributed to the success of the Team and the technical growth of the Company. The following race aces have been under professional contract with J.A.S. Motorsport.
- Baguette Bertrand
- Balzan Alessandro
- Bartels Michael
- Betti Luca
- Colciago Roberto
- Corthals Pierre-Yves
- Danner Christian
- Davidson Anthony
- De Micheli Ado
- Depailler Loïc
- Giovanardi Fabrizio
- Guerrieri Esteban
- Harrison Simon
- Hattori Naoki
- Huff Rob
- Izawa Takuya
- Kangur Martin
- Kox Peter
- Kristensen Tom
- Leslie David
- Michelisz Norbert
- Michigami Ryo
- Modena Stefano
- Monteiro Tiago
- Patrese Riccardo
- Sharp Ryan
- Solà Dani
- Tarquini Gabriele
- Thompson James
- van der Zande Renger
- Walfish Fabrice
- Watt Jason
- Wilks Guy
- Wilson Max